Indie band The Plastics Revolution of Tres Marías, Mexico, took their song “Invasión” and put it to 1,905 Instagram photos for a fun and cheerful stop-motion music video (watch it below). Very creative! Another twist where an artist used Instagram as a vehicle for promotion came last year from Ellie Goulding, who asked her fans to help create a debut music video for her upcoming album. She used 1,200 Instagram photos submitted by her fan base for the song “Anything Could Happen.”
Do you have a presence on Instagram and what are you doing to engage your fans? Also, don’t forget to follow LAMA on Instagram (@lamainstagram).
We’ll be picking up more and more music memes to share with our music loving audience! Don’t know what a meme is? KNOW YOUR MEME (click that link to find out about things like “Y U NO” guy)!
For our readers who run businesses, are musicians or in bands that use social media, memes are a great way to get creative with your audience too — creating your own memes increases the chances of your content being liked and shared to a greater audience. With that… Guitar Pick, Y U NO easy to find?
The music industry has been looking for a game changer for a while — how can we get consumers to buy music? There have been some huge leaps forward, namely iTunes downloads, and more recently Spotify’s streaming service. But what if the music industry had access to 750 million active users? If rumors are true — that Facebook is about to enter the on-line music world later this year — then they might get that opportunity.
John Forter, a technology reporter for CNBC said:
Next month is going to be a big one for music. I’m hearing from someone familiar with the plans that Facebook plans to launch its long-rumored music service at the F8 conference on September 22. Now, it seems likely that Facebook won’t actually host the music, but will partner with others to do that.
We have to wonder whether this is an area that Facebook wants to even go near. The music industry is in quite the transition period. Facebook is the premier way to exchange music but it has relied mostly on sharing YouTube videos and Soundcloud tracks. It will be exciting to see what the first move is.
For more info check out – http://newsroom.mtv.com/2011/09/02/facebook-to-launch-music-service-this-fall/
Social media offers artists new avenues for generating audiences for their brands. One of the items discussed at LA Music Academy’s Social Media 101 Roundtable in January 2011 was artists creating cover song videos for online sharing sites like YouTube. Cover a song you are passionate about…gain new fans…Nick currently has over 2,000,000 of them
Connect with LAMA
Search This Blog
- LAMA Video Quick Tip – Triad Inversions
- New LAMA Concert Announced
- Jody Offers a New Look at LAMA’s Guitar Program
- LAMA Grad Wins Indie Music Award
- LAMA Announces Newest AIR, Andrew Gouche
- A Special Visit at LAMA Experience
- Ran Into an Old Friend
- LAMA Grad Sings Anthem at Dodgers Game
- 4th Annual Drummer’s Reality Camp Returns June 27-30
- LAMA Float at the Pasadena Doo Dah Parade!
- May 2013 (9)
- April 2013 (12)
- March 2013 (5)
- February 2013 (9)
- January 2013 (9)
- December 2012 (2)
- November 2012 (7)
- October 2012 (9)
- September 2012 (6)
- August 2012 (6)
- July 2012 (10)
- June 2012 (5)
- May 2012 (7)
- April 2012 (9)
- March 2012 (13)
- February 2012 (9)
- January 2012 (9)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (7)
- October 2011 (7)
- September 2011 (11)
- August 2011 (10)
- July 2011 (8)
- June 2011 (14)
- May 2011 (13)
- April 2011 (17)
- March 2011 (3)
- "Once a task is just begun, never leave it till it's done. Be the labor great or small, do it well or not at all." -Quincy Jones 4 hours ago
- @OneOfKs enjoy the guitar! 15 hours ago
- @LeviMalterud guitar sounds different in a good way when played outdoors ... one of our favorite things to do. 15 hours ago
- @Clithzby we completely agree -- it really is... 15 hours ago
- @CaitCarlsen smores AND guitar?? you are right -- definitely nothing better than that! : ) #enjoy 15 hours ago
- Jennifer Nettles Goes Solo: 'Nobody Panic,' Sugarland Isn't Done
- Martin Garrix, 'Animals': Exclusive
- Crookers Premiere 'Summerclub Mix': Listen Here
- Cee-Lo Green to Release Three Projects, Announces Goodie Mob's Album Release Date
- Stone Temple Pilots Hire Linkin Park's Chester Bennington As New Vocalist
- Ariana Grande's 'Daydreamin'' Album Due In Late August
- Ed Sheeran Preps Sophomore Album For 'Early Next Year'
- Billboard Music Awards Score Highest Ratings in 12 Years
- Justin Timberlake's 'Mirrors' Tops Pop Songs
- Icona Pop Recruits Super-Producers For Debut Album: Video Interview